Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The "Which Punctuation Mark Are You?" Quiz

Did you like the use of punctuation marks in the title of this post?

If so, you are the perfect candidate for this test.

Ignore those lame Facebook "Which Painting Are You?" and "Where Should You Live?" quizzes. This quiz is the one that will tell you more about yourself than you ever imagined.

All you need to do is answer these seven simple questions, send me your responses (or post them in the comments section, and,as time permits, I will tell you what punctuation mark you are and why it matters. (All responses done on a time-available basis; I ain't gettin' paid, you know.)

But enough chit-chat, let's begin:

1. When people say "like" all the time, it:

a) Doesn't bother you that often
b) Drives you crazy
c) Makes you realize that this is now just part of how we speak
d) Is not something you have ever noticed

2. You are assigned the task of writing a paragraph that includes small bits of information about many different things. You:

a) Create a list of all of the things that need to be included as a "cheat."
b) Make it into two or three paragraphs, because you know there is no way you can get the point across in one.
c) Write it in two different ways and give it to the person who assigned it to see which one she/he prefers.
d) Question the person who assigned it as to whether this is the smartest way to convey all of this information.

3. You believe that social gatherings at your house should consist of:

a) Close friends only
b) Friends and family
c) The more the merrier
d) You are not that big on entertaining

4. You are a big believer in:

a) Keeping things short and sweet
b) Passionately expressing yourself
c) Never ending a sentence with a preposition
d) Quietly doing what needs to be done

5. Your opinion on learning a foreign language is:

a) Everyone should learn one
b) You don't really see the need
c) Learn as many as you can and as early as you can
d) That you'll learn one eventually, when you have more time

6. You prefer to read:

a) Newspapers
b) Magazines
c) Gossip Web sites
d) Books

7. The sentence "Joe likes to chew gum, ride his bike, collect stamps, and, especially, peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches" is:

a) A tad awkward but could easily be made more clear
b) A jumbled mess
c) Perfect
d) Better off as four different sentences

8 comments:

Wojtek said...

I'm brain dead and have no idea how I can e-mail my answers to you, so I'm posting them here:

1 C
2 B
3 A
4 D
5 C
6 D
7 A

It's a fun quiz! Mind you, I may change my mind if I get the exclamation mark.

Anonymous said...

I got mostly A's, I wonder what that sez:
1 A
2 A
3 C
4 A
5 A
6 D
7 A

Waiting on baited breath...

Anonymous said...

1. c
2. a
3. b
4. d
5. c
6. d
7. a

"Well, what do you think? Am I anything...oh, I don't know...out of the ordinary– I mean I know I'm nothing cool like *, or %; but maybe an @?"
XOXO,
-Emma.

Anonymous said...

1A
2D
3D
4C
5B
6D
7B

Steve said...

Mikel,
Here are my responses:
1. B
2. B
3. B
4. D
5. C
6. A
7. B
Steve

Susan said...

c
d
c
a
a
a
b
What do you think? I say * or maybe ~. Let me know.
Love SSS

AdviceQueen said...

Sorry I am a little behind on this, but I really want to know the answer!!

1 C
2 B
3 A
4 A
5 C
6 B
7 A/D

Emily.?!"

Joseph said...

OOOOH, fun!

1. C
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. D
6. B
7. B