Wednesday, May 20, 2009

L.A,/CA Playlist(s)

Since I am about to board a plane to spend five days in Wisconsin, I am taking a little of CA with me. I'd actually thought of compiling songs about Los Angeles and California for some time. I actually had many more than this, but I will save them for another installment.

Tell me about others I should have and include! x-m

Songs About LA and CA Playlist:

Freeway -- Aimee Mann
Trouble In Shangri-La -- Stevie Nicks
Clay Feet -- Kristin Hersh
California -- Low
San Bernardino -- The Mountain Goats
The Californian -- Heidi Berry
Take California -- Propellerheads
California Love -- 2Pac featuring Dr. Dre
Hollywood -- Madonna
California -- Joni Mitchell
It Never Rains In Southern California -- Albert Hammond
I Remember California -- R.E.M.
Golden Ocean -- 50 Foot Wave
Still In Hollywood -- Concrete Blonde
California Dreamin' -- The Mamas and the Papas
California --Amy Correia
Hollywood People -- Judy Henske
In California -- Neko Case

5 comments:

k. said...

Whoa! _I"ve_ been listening to a mix of songs about CA that my friend Sarah made a couple years ago while prepare for a trip to LA. It's getting me in the mood for the big move.
I'm guessing you're now in Wisconsin. I won't be seeing you there. Much as I would like to meet up, it's not going to happen right now.

Unknown said...

California Here I Come - Al Jolson
Los Angeles - X
California Waiting - Kings of Leon
Diamonds On My Windshield - Tom Waits
Whittier Blvd - The Midnighters
Mendocino - The Sir Douglas Quintet
San Francisco Bay Blues - Jesse Fuller
California Stars - Billy Bragg
Rosalita (come out tonight) - Bruce Springsteen
(look it up)

:-0

Mikel said...

ooh, thanks, Rex. How did I forget X? oy... Some of the others I'll need to dig up.

Unknown said...

Screenwriter's Blues - Soul Coughing
Kids in America - Kim Wilde (you know this is my LA song even though it's not really LA specific, it just FEELS like it)
California 1 - The Decembrists
W - Mystic

Mark Harvey said...

Don't forget the Runaways! "Hollywood" and "California Paradise" from "Queens of Noise"
or "Going to California" by Led Zeppelin
Those are the two that immediately come to mind.